- me: *owns 264 unread books*
- me: *buys 17 new books*
- me: *rereads harry potter*
i am the shyest attention whore ever
You Aren’t Boring I Just Suck At Conversations I’m Sorry: a novel by me
I’m Not Ignoring You I Just Don’t Know What To Say: a sequel by me
I Feel Like I have Nothing Interesting To Say So I Don’t Say Anything At All And I’m Really Sorry Don’t Stop Talking To Me: the trilogy.
huffs in frustration
i know this feeling intimately and it really helped me to discover that sucking at conversations is not, in fact, intrinsic about you. social anxiety is hard, but getting better at small talk is a learnable skill! having interesting things to say is a learnable skill! we are not doomed to feel this way forever!
skills i am constantly working on:
1) asking more questions! asking people what they think then asking why they think it. when someone says something confusing, asking them to explain better. this is hard! but good.
2) effectively narrativizing my life! when something stressful or unlikely or hilarious happens to me, trying to find the punchline. real life doesn’t always have a satisfying ending and i hate when my stories trail off into nothing, so i try to test-run stories, noting when an ending falls flat. remembering that being funny takes practice.
3) surrounding myself with good conversationalists. extroverts are great for this! learn to enjoy conversations while they do all the work. steal their tricks! it is so relaxing to socialize with a group of people who are genuinely drawing energy from just being around each other.
4) no seriously asking people questions everyone wants to talk about themselves and their opinions more, and people have super cool stuff to say if they trust you to listen and not think they’re annoying. it’s so tricky, but so fabulous when it works.
this may not help everyone, but seeing this helpless post with three hundred thousand notes was v concerning to me.
okay grumpy oldster out, carry on.
Sylvia and Wander are my new pale OTP.
I desperately need fic of them being bffs and cuddling and Sylvia knowing the exact spot on Wander’s back to scritch that will make him purr
im in one of those periods in my life where i cant focus on anything i cant finish an assignment i cant listen to one song for more than 5 seconds i cant sit through a tv show episode i cant finish a book i cant write a story
all i can do is stare blankly at the wall and wish i had something to do but everything i could do or want to do is just supremely unsatisfying
SOMEONE PUT IT IN WORDS THANKS YOU
Hey kids this is a symptom of depression
how do you know youre asexual if you havent had sex???
how do you know you arent sexually attracted to toothpaste if youve never slathered your genitalia with it and shoved the tube up your anus????
how do you know?????
You have some shockingly good points. Just a second
Update: I am not sexually attracted to toothpaste
There’s a couple of Agrias hewitsonius for sale on eBay for absolutely ridiculous prices, and my god they’re so freaking beautiful why must they be so rare and expensive.
I settled on a nice Agrias phalcidon fournierae instead.
Anonymous said: plus sized nookworm and sollux making the attempt but it being damn tougher than he expected
no see this is something I’d want to see so much more as a fic describing in details the initial pleasure but then the pain of being stretched so wide but is it too much pain? could he take more? and be determined but conflicted and ultimately failing. would be even better/worse if he’s with someone and he wanted so bad to take it all and impress them.
then there can be aftercare
oh god I want this
I want this so bad
— Kaffe Fassett, Embroidery Magazine p.44, July/August 2014, vol. 65 (via fannishknits)
- Howl: STOP CLEANING MY FCKING HOUSE
- Sophie: NEVER